Sunday, July 26, 2015

Cakes


The bird in the nest.
They say having many children is a blessing because the probability of one staying behind is higher.

So Sara is the bird in the nest; but not for long.
Soon she will leave the nest too.

Ask me what I will miss most.
It's her doing her stints in the kitchen as she loves baking and making ice cream.
I still recall when I first actually scorned at her ambitious dreams as I was not keen in the mess and the waste she might create.
How very wrong was I.

Today we rely on her to provide cakes for special occasions; birthdays, weddings, full moon celebration or even just any occasion.
She is deft with her fingers and dreams come true under them.



 My last birthday cake in March.
She said she needed to remind me that I was fortunate to have 3 daughters and she made herself look the best.
That was a chocolate cake.



 That's Emily's cake.
Sara took hours to prepare it and make it look real good for she adores her little niece.
I teased her and asked her to have her own.



 Grand dad celebrated his 96/97 birthday last month.
She coined those flowers; splendid and majestic. That made the grandparents super proud of their grand girl. We were amazed at her creativity.




Just a couple of weeks ago, she had a special order. To make a cake for a friend's father.
Look at her creation again.
Isaiah 46 : 4 rings;  Even to your old age and gray hairs, I am He who will sustain you.

She is a good deviation from the mountains of challenges in life.
You are proud of her tenacity to complete a task when assigned.
She has said she will bake her own wedding cake.

We will see the best to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment