Sunday, September 06, 2015

Norejah

 Thoughtful.


That's sweet Norejah.
Having known her for more than a decade, the friendship never fizzles off though we only meet occasionally. Let's put it this way. She takes pains and the initiative to be in contact.
How and in what way?




Her tupperware gifts.

As far as my memory can stretch there has never been a season when she forgets to connect with me during festive celebrations.
Name them.
Christmas. Chinese New Year, Mid Autumn Festival and all. She would always make her way to school and my house to present the gifts. Moon cakes, Christmas fruit cakes, Lunar New Year cookies and all placed in lovely editions of tupperwares !
She is awfully thoughtful!

Today she came knocking at my door and gave me moon cakes in fushun pink containers. I was excited at the edition. She told me she is flying to the UK this evening to send her youngest for further studies. She could not leave without first giving me the gift.
 Hard to come by.
Both of us have children of the same generation and they were friends in school.
Norejah used to serve actively in the PTA of the school and that was how a friendship brewed. 
But her consistent effort to keep in touch is so warm and exemplary. 
It is truly sweet of her.

Have a pleasant and fruitful trip dear Norejah
Selamat Hari Raya Haji too to you and the family as you celebrate together in the UK.

No comments:

Post a Comment