Tuesday, May 27, 2014

A Happy Day



 The Annual Celebration
Teacher's Day must be celebrated . It is the day that teachers and students reaffirm their feelings and respect for one another and let the bond be confirmed.
So, today is one such occasion in school again.



 We praise God for such a lovely day. It was cool and not too hot; a good day to come together.

 The pretty young , energetic teachers were ushered in with claps.
It's good to feel the vibrancy of appreciation.

 Mr. Shah the PTA chief was here early to greet us and to encourage the children to respond to the teachers. He is a motivator and an encourager.
An ex-teacher himself, he reminisces the past with nostalgia.
 


 The usual oath-taking ceremony where we pledge our devotion to our profession.

 We tell the students that we will perform our best, lead them and give our best.
Will the children be with us?



 The cakes to officiate the occasion.


 We cut them with glee.


 They also gleefully did the school clap...clap 1,2,3,4,5...

 The teachers came together to show their creativity.

 Mirror, mirror on the wall...who's the best of them all? You judge.

 Ours the best...

 No, it's ours...


 What do you think children? None. We want to watch the show...



 This magician is none other than Tan Chee Keong. An ex-student, he is not only entertaining but skilful.
He got the audience in stitches with his jokes and magical acts. He connects well with the students and performs his tricks with taste. An F & B manager in Sunway Resort, the man has promised to come back and o more for his Alma Mater.

Next, the others performed.
 The teachers gave a medley of songs...


 Jean is powerful, and the other girl with the theme song from Frozen got the audience in tune with ......
Let it go, let it go... she need not sing as the audience sang louder.

 So many talents; everyone wants a part in songs...


 But this dance from 5ScIT was expressively done.
 Facial and body expressions reflected their maturity and skill and we were well-entertained by them.



 But the best attraction of the day was the lamb. Well-roasted, it was so palatable that many had second and third shares. It was a sumptuous lunch at the courtesy of the school canteen caterer.

 Today the teachers could eat in peace and quiet as the students had already left.
What peace. We ate slowly and savored in bit by bit.
Happy Teacher's Day.

Today I felt loved.
The students were spontaneous and showed much love to me.
I could still remember the first day when I stepped into the school and the immense depression I had to go through because I had no names to call. I did not know anyone and I teared silently as I could not connect with anyone...everyone was a stranger.
I had no names to call be it teachers or students.

But today I know many names.
There is connection again.
I am home again.
Faces are familiar and I have names to call.
Oh the joy of being able to connect and utter names.



 I received these cards and they made my day. I quickly found a spot in my room and hanged them up.
They are precious affirmations and I love them. This is the best gift of them all; they tell me things I like to hear...hahahahahahahaha.
We are people persons...we like to feel right.

This made me cry.



To all children who have so lavishly spoiled me for the day, I want to say thank you.
You have made this last Teacher's Day Celebration of my career a memorable one.
Your simple gestures and petition of love have surely given me reason to agree that I indeed am here to serve you.
Thank you teachers and children for this wonderful day.

Happy Teacher's Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment