Sunday, April 27, 2014

My Sunday


 Today seems long.
But it's a special Sunday.


 I take delight in the noise created as I look over my windows. The neighbours have invited special guests for a swim. "Chia Yu, Chia Yu..." the Chinese connotation of encouragement. When my children were small and around the house, I dreaded the noise they made. But now, I must admit I miss the merriment of children clapping and cheering (not that I do not have enough of them in school); it's reminding me that I need to have younger ones around the home...

I ponder at the parents; they go all out to please, support, encourage the little ones. No amount of sacrifice seems enough. When they are about to go for tertiary education the parents clucker around like mad chicken; when they have finished, the parents still go about making sure the best of everything happens to their wards. What a duty. 

But that's life. You give when the children most need them; you save for rainy days and yet when the call arrives, you rise up to the occasion.

Stay happy and relevant.



 After church today, number 3 said: "hey isn't anyone interested anymore in what I bake?"
Of course we are. So, the work table is at its maddest mess but the smor cheesecake finally takes its shape ! A good surprise and a sure way of refining her skills. She is missing her baking days.





Someone sent this to me and gave me a great Sunday.
Thank you Christy for always remembering me. Your kind and sensitive ways of handling me only tell me that you are indeed a wonderful lady; full of grace and generosity. You are a great friend indeed.

So, daddy continues to make my Sunday a wonderful one.
We are going to be entertained on this last evening of their appearance.


A happy Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment