Monday, April 21, 2014

Grateful


I teach the children to be grateful in school.
I must also learn to be grateful; to appreciate the unsung heroine.
Who is Allie?

 Allie says ' no photos of me in your blog; maam.'
So, I promise the birthday girl not to post her photo.
Why ? I asked.
She winked and replied : I am not so pretty now !


 Allie is God-sent. She came to the family when feisty Sara was 4 months old; you know what I mean?
Look at her in her first month.
Her pursed lips is still on today.


 Allie loves all my children; Esther at 2 and a half and Grace at 5. So she took care of all the girls right from their tender years. She is known as Aunt to all of them. I do not need to spell her duties in the home. But I must confess one weakness of hers; she spoils all of them. So now you know why Esther is so helpless in the kitchen. Sara says she cooks very well in the UK but when she came home she doesn't know how to cook anymore. Grace is now a wife to someone so she jolly well knows how to cook.
When Aunty Allie is around no one has any duty anymore; that sounds bad.


 

 That's me with the funny, curly hair. But it was the trend then.
Allie took care of the children dearly when I had to work each day.
While she put Sara to watch Chinese opera videos, she cleaned the house and prepared meals for the 2 older girls to come back from school and kindergarten. I asked her why Chinese operas? She replied that Sara was especially attracted to the ching ching cheng cheng music. Mama said anything went as looking after 3 young girls was no easy task. So they grew up any way.
Sara could have forgotten that I was the mother along the way for she told many that Allie labored like a mother for her. Allie washed her socks, ironed her frocks, fed her and slept with her nightly. The mother happily passed down the duty so she could  put on the best show in school with good sleeps!
It's not surprising that Allie can chide her freely without being retorted.
At least she respects Allie well for she had rocked her to sleep from young.

  

Now the girls are adults; no more babies.
Even Grace is married.
 Allie is still here with us.

So Allie is more than a help.
She is dear to all; young and old in the family and extended families.
She has spent her best years with us; her youth sacrificed for the family.
It is because she is of such great help that I can function well at work.
She gives us peace of mind; no hanky panky tricks.
I am grateful to God for His provision in the person of Allie.
May God grant her many, many, many more good years and sustain her through good health.
May she enjoy the fruits of her labour as she watches her wards fare well in life.
May she blessed by the Almighty One for her love to everyone around her.

I thank God for the unsung heroine of the home.

Happy Birthday Allie.
 I must admit I do not really know her age; she avoids telling me the real number. 
So, it's only one candle for every year.

No comments:

Post a Comment