Sunday, August 16, 2015

The Morning Meet

It's good fun.


Somehow mornings are the best hours of the day.
Serene, calm and picturesque.
It's makes you want to stay home and not go to work.
Well. I need not go to work; for quite a while already.
I am getting used to getting up slightly late and not going after the jam.
It's refreshingly attractive.
But when you need not work, you also need to find activities to occupy yourself.
You want to feel useful.
Well. At least meaningfully retired.
My retired friends tell me they chauffeur wards up and down, clean the house, cook, bake,read. 


So, I do this.
Every alternate day of the week I join them and jump up and down.
I need to loosen those joints of mine; keep my weight in check and health of course.
At first, I was a little shy.
I did not know if I could just join in.
But of course what else can I not do? Ask.
... and get in.

I am beginning to look forward to it come morning.
We normally get engaged in the activity for 30 minutes on week days and 45 minutes on Saturdays.

I am really getting into the routine of retirement; exercise, read the Bible, pray and then bathe. Next, read the papers, blog and sew; sometimes cook. Soon, it's afternoon and then evening and then night. Can I go on like that? How long? Learn.

Fun in the morning.


No comments:

Post a Comment