Friday, October 31, 2014

Bright & Bold


 Sara has decided to change her mode of baking; no more cheesy ones only.
Yes, colour is the word.
She is into bolder concoctions.
She gets into moods that cause her to create the most unimaginable at times.

There was this weekend when she just wanted to bake a rainbow cake.
A rainbow cake?



 Soon the baking tins were out and colours are splashed everywhere; the rainbow ones of course.


 Icing of rainbow hues were deftly pushed into plastic funnels for the best looks !
That I can assure you.



 Now, you do believe me?
But how does one consume it?



 Simple. Just cut it. What a shame to dissect it; too pretty for consumption.

 Her favourite indulgence is to bake macrons too. She told me a piece costs many dollars but I honestly do not know how to appreciate them. She would remind me they are not meant for old folks like me.



 Pink macrons are so pretty too. They look so palatable when decorated with strawberries.


 Would you also not purchase them? If Sara opens a cafe and bakes, I will help her.
That's my retirement plan.
 She will chide me and say "bake yourself".



Tonite is the epitome of her colour flings.
She says Happy Halloween and bakes a cauldron cake definitely suitable for the occasion.
But what is Halloween that the whole world is attracted to it?

Oh just an occasion to play and party I guess.

Sara and her colours .

1 comment:

  1. Something nice to read here today. Thanks! am looking for something new to pair with my coffee...haha, and you might also be interested to know a very good coffee experience from 68 DEGREES coffee shop here in Melbourne. Very affordable and very full of flavor! Their facebook page is: https://www.facebook.com/68degree

    ReplyDelete