Saturday, August 03, 2013

The Common Talk


You don't have to be anybody to want to talk about it; it's on the tongue of every parent. 
The welfare of children is never too much to talk about as parents bring them up and aspire very hard  for the best to happen to them.
 At the market this morning, I met an ex-colleague and after the usual exchange, the first topic we dwelt on was the welfare of our girls. Coincidentally, both of us have 3 daughters and she congratulated me on the impending wedding of my first girl. Next, we asked about all the other girls on both sides and our most common hope is that they will get reliable spouses and thereafter happy ever after !!!
Aha; so easily said and done too !!! We bade each other goodbye after the good greetings .

Then I walked across the street to buy my soya drink.


 Guess what ?
I only had to say I did not want sugar added to the drink before he gave me the rantings of his heart; his children. His humble beginnings and hard work are greatly rewarded as he shared that 3 of his 5 children are all graduates of local universities; two of which are public ones. Very commendable indeed. He told me his 3 children have started working but the remuneration is hardly enough to meet the inflation of today. He recalled that in those days milk powder caused a third of the price now; how much is enough to see to the challenges of today ? So the rantings went on and on. He said he needed to carry on and is highly relieved that his younger two will complete soon.
I like his fight in life; not afraid of hard work and is adamant that all his children complete their tertiary education for a better future. 
I am humbled by his simplicity and outlook in life.

I went home ready to also do something for my daughter.
Guests would be coming and I need to sew some curtains.
It is a happy occasion.

 The lady of the 50s are all ready to charge in the company of oldies of the 50s.



 The old faithful is rolled out; and the task is on.
 It is therapeutic to step on the pedals and the quiet sounds make the sewing enjoyable.
I want to have some new curtains added to the rooms.


 Daddy also says he wants to touch up as the excitement is mounting up; good old workers turn up to render some help and hopefully cheer up the place further. 
There will be more action in the next few days ...



The Teresa Teng beats are a real accompaniment and they make the sewing a breeze.
Notice the song is made easy with the romanized writings.

Sing along !!!

The common topic of children is evergreen like the song above.

No comments:

Post a Comment